- BBC adduces evidence of truth in libel case (Begg v British Broadcasting Corporation)
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise?
- What was the court’s decision on meaning?
- Was the BBC’s defence of justification successful?
- What are the implications of the judgment?
IP & IT analysis: According to Simon Brown, a solicitor at Brett Wilson LLP, although Begg v BBC did not create any new legal principles, it was a useful illustration of how a libel trial is fought where the only issue is whether the words complained of are substantially true or not.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial