- Establishing serious harm in libel actions
- Original news
- What were the issues at the heart of this libel action?
- How did the court approach finding the correct interpretation of the article?
- How did the court approach the jurisdictional issues at play?
- Does this decision further our understanding of serious harm?
- What are the practical lessons to take from this case?
IP & IT analysis: What are the challenges facing foreign claimants in establishing reputation in the UK and proving serious harm? Claire Gill, partner, and Isabella Piasecka, associate at Carter-Ruck, consider the implications of the judgment in Alvaro Sobrinho v Impresa Publishing SA.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial